How about a vegetarian entree that can easily be a main course or a fantastic side dish. It looks festive in the bowl and tastes both light and delicious! The toasted cumin makes it special. Perfect for a summer evening or picnic lunch.
* ¾ tsp ground cumin
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 2 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
* 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas (rinsed)
* 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
* 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
* ½ small red onion, finely chopped
* 1 ounce feta, crumbled (around ¼ cup)
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin and cook, stirring, until toasted and fragrant (1 minute). Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add the oil, lime juice, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper to the bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the chickpeas, celery, tomato and onion and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes.
4. Fold in the feta cheese immediately before serving.
Yummalicious! Pretty too!